Taxi booking apps have brought a great change in the transportation industry. This application has brought changes to existing businesses and startups. This application is beneficial for those who live in metropolitan cities with busy traffic and facing problems like lack of parking space.
Due to the scarcity of parking space, they refuse to own personal cars and prefer Taxi services like OLA, Uber, Gett etc. The companies that come up with new ideas like taxi booking applications are becoming the role model for new entrepreneurs. The important things that matter a lot are price, quality, features and application itself.
I suggest you read on to find out how to create an app like Uber and how much it costs.
How does Uber operate its work?
- First of all, passengers have to register and login through their email IDs or mobile number.
- Whenever they want to book a ride, they send a request through an application, which gets directed to the nearest driver.
- The driver receives an alert about the request and then checks the trip details. He may accept or reject the ride.
- Once the request is accepted by the driver then the passenger can track the taxi location.
- After getting a ride, payment can be done automatically through online payment mode or passengers can pay by cash.
Also Read: How to Create an Online Hotel Booking App Like OYO Rooms and Airbnb
Basic Features that must be included in the Taxi booking application for passengers:
- Location tracking and routing
- Payment integration feature
- Registration and personal data management.
- Ride cost estimation.
- High-quality UI and UX design.
Basic Features to be considered while designing an application for Driver:
- Prime route development.
- Editing of personal profile
- Calling a passenger from the app.
- Generating daily / monthly reports of past bookings and earnings.
- Driver reports.
- Destination of drivers
If you want to create a mobile application like Uber, you must know that you have to develop an application for both the passengers and drivers. You have to use different programming languages like NodeJS, JAVA, Python for the backend. The above features help you to make a quality application that provides a chance to grow your taxi booking business.
How much does it Cost to Create a Taxi Booking App Like Uber:
As usual, the answer to this question is that it depends on the features and functions that you will be adding in your application. Major cost components are web development, management and quality assurance, design and backend development, etc.
You can do this procedure in two steps to check the demand factor. At the time of the first release, you should not add features like cost splitting, that helps to make the driver and customer relationship, after the first release you can test the strength of the idea and market reach of your application.
Some other factors that affect the cost to create a taxi booking application:
- Type of your company
- Platforms that you have to add
- The technology used in the development and so on.
Apart from considering the above tips, you have to make good expansion strategies like Uber and the basic need for innovation should be always kept in your mind. This is the time to use your creativity and innovation to develop cheaper and convenient applications for users. For this type of development, you have to hire a capable and reliable taxi application developer. If you are interested in setting up your business in the field of taxi booking then Mobiweb Technologies can assist you in the whole business process. Visit our official website, our experts will answer all your questions related to the cost of your project.