Today everyone is fascinated about food delivering apps around the world. On-demand food ordering apps like Swiggy, UberEats, Zomato and GrubHub have made people’s life more easier and hassle-free. People can order their favourite food from their favourite restaurant at anytime from anywhere. As the Food and Beverage industry is continuously growing with a rapid speed, so many startups are entering in this industry.
According to statistics, 30% of the people in the United States use online food delivery apps and the expected revenue from online food delivery segment amounts to US$22,073 m in 2019. As per the report by Morgan Stanley; the market share of online food delivery will be increased by 11% in 2022 compared to 6% at the moment.
So as to start your own food delivery app business, you have to search for a maestro in the arena of food delivery Mobile App Development. Before going for Uber Eats and Swiggy like food delivery application, you need to clear about the following development strategies.
Core Features and Functionalities of On Demand Food Delivery App Like UberEats Which Makes it Successful:
If you are interested in On Demand Food delivery Android and iOS app development like UberEats or Swiggy than you should be aware of important features and functionalities provided in those apps which helped them become successful.
There are 4 main components in food delivery app which includes:-
- Admin Side
- Customer Side
- Restaurant Side
- Delivery Side
- Admin Side: The admin panel will manage the whole application which includes all the activities like Dashboard management, Manage Users, Manage reported posts, Comments/Replies management, Reported user management.
- Customer Side: The customer is the vital element in food ordering process, customer will login into the app, searching for his favorite hotel or restaurants, place the order, confirm booking, paying and submit the reviews and then enjoy his meal.
- Restaurant Side: The restaurant owners will see the placed orders in the app, then it will accept or decline the order, if order accepted it will be handed over to the delivery boy.
- Delivery Side: The delivery boy will trace all the orders from customers, ensure ease and safe delivery of ordered food. The delivery panel features:
- Checking Orders: This feature allows a delivery boy to check all the placed orders by customers and their on-time delivery with proper process.
- Accept or Reject Orders: The order placed by customers and its upto the delivery boy to accept or reject the orders.
- Delivery History Tracking: This feature allows the delivery boy to track all his past orders which completed in a given period of time.
- Geo Location: Geolocation feature enables delivery boys to track down customer’s delivery destination.
Advance Features of the Food Ordering App:
Allow new customers to sign into the app in different ways including email, mobile phones and social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp and many others.
- Direct Messaging
This feature allows the customer to send direct text messages and photos to the restaurant owner, customer care and delivery boys any issue related to food, app issue, etc.
- Push Notification
It allows a user to get real-time notifications whenever the new version or feature in the app launches or any new hotel or restaurant and new food item added into a list.
- Social Media Interaction
This app feature also allows customers for internally connecting to social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram, for sharing their best and happy moments in their favorite hotel or restaurant. Hotel owners can also directly interact with customers by sharing their exact hotel address and best cuisine through the app on social media.
- Blockchain Feature
Leveraging blockchain technology in food ordering app become an essential step now. It helps customers to protect their personal details and it also shares the revenue fairly due to its transparency feature.
- Time Preference Order System
The essential feature in food ordering app we can provide is the time preference order system to our customer. They can order the food according to their timing preferences if they want breakfast, lunch and dinner. Only specific items will be displayed as their preferences.
- Real-time location tracking
Real-time location tracking feature helps customers to track down their food but also they can trace down the exact time of delivery. Due to this feature restaurant owners can also become aware of the current location of the delivery boy.
Other features helpful in food ordering app: OTP reading, In-app calling or messaging, Secure data travel and Connected to third party’s API.
Required Development Team Structure:
- UI/UX Designers
- Android and iOS Developer
- Front and Back-End Developers
- QA Expert
- Database Expert
- Product Manager
- Marketing and Sales Team
- Delivery Manager
How Food Delivery App Makes Money
There are different ways through which food delivery app makes money apart from only ordering the food. They take a charge fee from the hotels and restaurants to place them in a better position in-app. Food delivery app also gets pay through customer as extra delivery convenience charges. Companies or brands also place their online ads in the app through which they get the extra income. Charging extra for delivery during bad weather conditions. Sponsorship in big events by which they generate extra money.
Developing a food delivery app like Uber Eats completely depends upon the number of features included in app. If you are interested in creating food delivery clone app of Zomato, Swiggy or UberEats, Mobiweb Technologies is the perfect choice for you as we have in-depth expertise in providing customized food delivery apps. Start live chat with our experts to know more about our food delivery app development in detail.